Maine is a four-season destination, unique in North America:
- Over 5,000 miles of coastline, two thousand islands, 60 lighthouses
- Over half a million acres of state and national parks, including Acadia National Park and the Allagash Wilderness Waterway
- Over 30,000 miles of rivers and streams
- Maine lobster
- Walkable cities
- World-class outlet shopping
- Fresh and saltwater fishing
- Hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails
- Downhill and cross-country skiing
- Museums and galleries, art and antiques
- Abundant wildlife: moose, deer, bear; loons, puffins, and hundreds of other species of birds
Why Visit Maine?
Because Maine will enchant you with its eight uniquely beautiful and diverse regions.
Maine has something for everyone.
- Enjoy snowmobiling in vast and wild Aroostook County in the northernmost region of Maine.
- Discover the dramatic, rugged, and wildly beautiful coastline in the Acadia National Park region.
- Stroll along the bustling cobblestone streets of Portland’s Old Port and dine in its many fine restaurants and stylish boutiques.
- Go whitewater rafting in Kennebec & Moose River Valley, an outdoor enthusiast’s dream.
- Enjoy four-season outdoor recreation including skiing, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, and camping in the spectacular Maine Lakes and Mountains region.
- Experience the rich maritime culture of the quaint and scenic seacoast fishing villages of Mid-Coast Maine.
- Soak up the sun on the spectacular sandy beaches from beautiful Ogunquit to lively Old Orchard Beach.
- Spot a moose or hike Mt. Katahdin in the natural splendor of the Maine Highlands.
Visit Maine and see why Maine is a state like no other!
Follow these links for information on Maine’s eight tourism regions: