People always want the best product based on what they want, but most of the time, they’re just given products with overly-exaggerated features when in reality, it’s mediocre at best. But overall, the material, brand, and features most of the time decide how you can buy the best 1P Tent.
However, a better product oftentimes can cost too much money, most of which simply is because of the brand or the “features” which in reality aren’t that helpful. It’s important to have the perfect balance between the material, cost, and features themselves.
Expensive isn’t always better, since they might just have slightly better material or features which you won’t need. So to find out how you can buy and get the most out of it, you can check out our buying guide.
Let’s get started
The Top Rated 1P Tent:
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. For more details, read here.
|1||ALPS Mountaineering Lynx -Person Tent Clay Rust by ALPS||
|2||Kelty Ashcroft P Tent - Solo Person by Kelty||
|3||Mountainsmith Lichen Peak Tent -Person -Season Pinon by Mountainsmith||
|4||Kelty Late Start Person - Season Backpacking by Kelty||
|5||ALPS Mountaineering Helix -Person Tent Charcoal Red by ALPS||
|6||Clostnature -Person Tent for Backpacking - Ultralight by Clostnature||
|7||Featherstone UL Obsidian Person Backpacking Tent Lightweight by Featherstone||
|8||TrailLark Ultralight -Person oz lb Backpacking Tent by TrailLark||
|9||camppal Person Tent for Camping Hiking Mountain by camppal||
|10||Nemo Dragonfly Ultralight Backpacking Tent Person by Nemo||
10 Best 1P Tent Reviews for Beginners
ALPS Mountaineering 5024617 Lynx 1-Person Tent, Clay/Rust
- There's no assembly frustration with our Lynx tent Series; This free-standing, aluminum two-pole design is a breeze to setup
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding one vestibule for extra storage space
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, storage pockets, gear loft, stakes, guy ropes and one doorway
- The Alps Mountaineering Lynx tent is on our best sellers list; it’s a must-have for your next adventure.Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Base size: 2'8 x 7'6, center height: 36", total weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. , minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz. , Color: Clay/Rust
Additional Info :
Kelty Ashcroft 1P Tent - Solo 1 Person Camping Shelter with Full Coverage Rainfly, Lightweight Aluminum Poles, Camping Backpacking Festival Shelter
- BUDGET FRIENDLY PICK: Ashcroft tents pack a lot of specs into a wallet friendly package. Full coverage rainfly, aluminum poles, easy setup with quick corners, all features you'd expect from a Kelty camping tent
- FEATHER WEIGHT FOR BACKPACKING: The two aluminum poles are pre-bent to create extra room inside the tent. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end.
- RUGGED MATERIALS: The tent body is protected by a waterproof 68 denier rainfly. All seams are sealed to keep the water out. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- PROTECTING NATURAL SPACES: Kelty is 1 of 4 founding members of The Conservation Alliance, and has always strives to protect wild spaces. All tents are made with DWR/PFC Free fabrics and coatings, reducing waste and negative environmental impacts
- NITTY GRITTY: 1P – Min Weight: 3lb 6oz, Floor Space: 19 sq. ft., Peak Height: 40in. 2P – Min Weight: 4lb 5oz, Floor Space: 33sq. ft., Peak Height: 42in. 3P – Min Weight: 5lb 7oz, Floor Space: 46sq. ft., Peak Height: 49in.
Additional Info :
Mountainsmith Lichen Peak Tent: 1-Person 3-Season (Pinon Green), One Size
- Traveling alone on a kayak trip has its perks, and one of them is being able to stretch out and enjoy the Mountainsmith 1-Person 3-Season Lichen Peak Tent all to yourself.
- The large angled door gives you front-row view as first stars begin to peek through the atmosphere.
- After counting several shooting meteorites (and slapping a few mosquitos), you can close up shop and turn to the Lichen Peak's internal gear storage for your headlamp and map.In the middle of the night, you awaken to some unexpected precipitation patterin
- But the raindrops are soothing, not stressful, because the Lichen Peak's bomber cap-style rainfly hasn't let you down before.
- And with those comforting thoughts, the pat-pattering serenades you off to a slumber filled with the smashed holes, hero braces, and tight-gorged lines you only hope tomorrow brings.
Additional Info :
Kelty Late Start 1 Person - 3 Season Backpacking Tent (2020 Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent)
- Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent
- The tent measures 85” x 40” x 30”, giving you an interior area of 20. 6 square feet. The peak height is 36. 5 inches. There is a single vestibule protecting 6. 4 square feet of storage space.
- The two aluminum poles are pre-bent to create extra room inside the tent. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end.
- The tent has a single door. The walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. Internal storage includes a ceiling pocket.
- The tent body is protected by a waterproof 68 denier rainfly. All seams are sealed to keep the water out. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
Additional Info :
ALPS Mountaineering Helix 1-Person Tent, Charcoal/Red
- Free-standing 3 pole frame with 7000 series aluminum poles
- Easy assembly with lightweight aluminum hardware and pole clips that quickly snap over the tent poles
- Full coverage fly offers maximum protection
- Vestibule for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Base Size: 2'11 x 7'; Center Height: 37.5"; Minimum Weight: 2 lbs. 14 oz.; Total Weight: 3 lbs. 3 oz.
Additional Info :
Clostnature 1-Person Tent for Backpacking - Ultralight One Person Backpacking Tent, Hiking Tent for One Man, Solo, Single Person
- 1 PERSON TENT: If trekking or backpacking personal in the backcountry, you'll need a quality one person tent to keep you protected from the elements. Polyester rain fly&bathtub with PU 5000 coating is better in waterproof and firmer than you expected. Weatherproof material with factory-sealed seams keeps you dry and comfortable in all season&all weather conditions! You need an appropriate lightweight solo tent for backpacking!
- LIGHTWEIGHT: What factors should consider for the best 1 person tent? Weight and overall portability must be important factors to consider! This ultralight single person tent only weighs 4.2 lbs. Packed Size: 15''x5.1''x5.1'', easy to put in one's backpack. Tent's size 7'3'' x 2'8''x 3', spacious room for a good sleep
- QUICK SETUP&COMPACT: A solo tent should be very easy to erect and takedown. Free-standing and two Aluminum poles design for lightweight hiking tent's fast pitching. Easily setup by one person with no experience. This ultralight backpacking tent is compact and portable, also great for Hiking, Bikepacking, Kayaking, Mountaineering, Fishing or Car Camping
- EXTRAORDINARY DESIGN: Interior entire mesh walls designed to offer great ventilation, this ultralight hiking tent has D-shaped door and large vestibule on the side provide convenient enter&out and extra storage for your backpack or shoes
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 x carry bag,1 x inner tent,1 x flysheet,2 x Aluminum poles,4 x ropes,14 x Aluminum stakes,1 x pole emergency repair kit. Every product you purchased has a one year warranty in material and workmanship defects. We also offer a 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee, if you are not satisfied with it we will be happy to refund
Additional Info :
Featherstone UL Obsidian 1 Person Backpacking Tent Lightweight 3-Season, Waterproof for Camping and Hiking - Includes Footprint & Mesh Gear Loft - Semi-Freestanding Ultralight Fly-Footprint Capability
- DURABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT, & COMFORTABLE: Carefully designed with performance and comfort, the tent acheives a minimum trail weight of 3 lbs 2 oz while maintaining a comfortable living space you don't get with most single person backpacking tents.
- 1-PERSON: This backpacking tent is designed for solo backpackers looking for a practical shelter that will enhance their outdoor experience. The hubbed design creates near vertical side walls and provides a 45" maximum peak height. The vestibule offers a great amount of space for storing other camping gear like your backpack or hiking boots.
- WEATHER PROTECTED: Seam-taped construction makes an impenetrable waterproof barrier and prevents water from leaking inside. Bathtub Floor Design elevates the bottom of the tent to protect you from wet surfaces and rain.
- EASY TO SET UP & SEMI-FREESTANDING: Single Aluminum pole structure makes the tent easy to set up and pack into one’s backpack. The Semi-freestanding design allows the tent to be moved and relocated without having to disassemble.
- 3 SEASON: This tent is suitable for 3 Seasons and preferred use for Hiking, Expeditions, Fishing, Kayaking, Car Camping, Backpacking, or Bikepacking.
Additional Info :
TrailLark Ultralight 1-Person 42oz (2.63lb) Backpacking Tent
- Ultralight: Full pack weight includes everything you need at only 2.63 lbs. (Tent, rainfly, poles, stakes, guyline, carrying bag)
- Durable: 20d Ripstop Nylon with ultralight aluminum alloy poles.
- Weather Resistant: The rainfly and tent floor are coated with silicon water repellent and all seams are tape sealed keeping you dry when you need it most.
- Frustration Free Setup: Uses clips instead of sleeves. Full setup takes less than 3 minutes.
Additional Info :
camppal 1 Person Tent for Camping Hiking Mountain Hunting Backpacking Tents 4 Season Resistance to Windproof Rainproof and Waterproof
- [Professional 1 Person Tent]: Size: Inner tent(L8.2ft x W2.95ft x H2.95ft), Outer tent: L8.2ft x W(2.95ft +1.31ft) x H3.11ft, 3500~4000mm Water Resistance. Fire Retardant Standard/CPAI-84. This 1 person camping tent is very light, just 3.75lb, easy to carry on when you camp outside, besides, it's also very easy to set up with only one single ridge pole.
- [Waterproof and Stable]: Outer tent with the water proofing value of 3500mm, seam taping on the zipper, velcro wrap with PVC & seam taping, 4 bottom corner with seam taping, which are high and good enough to prevent the water from entering even under the big heavy rain; Strong aluminium pole construction and the anti tearing rip-stop fabric which greatly help to prevent the hitting and tearing on fabric from the strong wind under the bad weather with big storm.
- [Extended Length - 8.2ft]: This single person tent is long enough to enable the taller person to sleep in the tent comfortably; The longer tent also provides with extra space for the personal belongings like luggage, backpack, clothes, shoes, etc.
- [3 Minute Quick Setup]: Super easy to set it up! It takes only just 3 minutes to pitch tent even for a beginner, and we have specially made the longer and bigger carry bag for the end customer even to pack up the tent loosely and still could put it back into the carry bag easily and conveniently.
- [No-Risk Purchase]: Camppal offer unconditional 30-day money back guarantee and limited lifetime warranty to make it an absolutely risk-free purchase. If you have any question about the tent, Pls just email us, 24/7 customer service will be offered and a satisfied solution will be provided less than 12 hrs.
Additional Info :
Nemo Dragonfly Ultralight Backpacking Tent, 1 Person
- THE ADVENTURER’S DREAM - The Dragonfly strikes the perfect balance of lightweight packability and comfort in a backpacking tent; Generous interior volume lets campers sit up, stretch, and move around, while bomber materials increase durability without weighing you down
- LIGHTWEIGHT & LIVABLE - The 1P model’s single large trapezoidal vestibule provides loads of dry gear storage with roll-back points for easy entry; Hubbed, pre-bent DAC Featherlite poles with high-arching main pole maximize volume at the head, peak, and foot ends; 1P model has a minimum weight of 2 lb 1 oz, a packed weight of 2 lb 13 oz, and packs down to 19.5 x 4 in dia
- WEATHERTIGHT & RUGGED - Integrated 20D Nylon tub provides an ultralight, waterproof floor; Premium 15D Nylon Ripstop fly is coated in a durable silicone repellent for reliable and durable weather protection; Canopy: 10D Nylon Ripstop & No-See-Um Mesh; Fly: 15D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm waterproof); Floor: 20D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm waterproof)
- PERKS & DETAILS - Protected strut vents release humidity during storms; Color-coded anodized poles and matched webbing for an intuitive set up; White No-See-Um Mesh on side panels adds privacy; Unique Divvy dual stage stuff sack makes it easy to divide the load with a partner; Diffusing Light Pockets turn your headlamp into a tent lantern
Additional Info :
Why 1st Product is Best Compare to Others
1st product has many incredible facts over other products. That’s why we’ve ranked it on top of this list.
The excellent quality of a good product is that it will fulfill all the needs a user have and solve the real problem. These quality is exists on this product. Be understandable by users, perform users task as easily and efficiently as possible.
Bottom line, this product is finesse for use, features that meet consumer needs and give customer satisfaction and conformance to standards.
Thing to Consider Before Buying 1P Tent
Here’s a detailed buying guide for 1P Tent to help you pick the perfect option —
The first thing you should consider when getting products like 1P Tent is the material used for it and the quality. If you have a good product with a lot of features and it seems great, it’s nothing if it isn’t the same after a few months because the quality simply isn’t good.
Low-quality products often don’t work the same after just a few weeks or months, so it’s incredibly important to ensure the quality is good enough.
As a general rule of thumb, you should look for certifications on the quality and if it gets damaged easily. Popular brands often have good products, and you can also check the material specifications directly from the description.
A lot of the time, people try to find the products that seem the most appealing with many features which are very rarely used. So you should ensure that when you’re buying something, you aren’t buying it simply because it has many features. You should look for the features you think you would often use, not niche features that are rarely used.
So more isn’t always better, just find which features you think you would use often enough to make it useful and convenient.
Make sure that the price of the product isn’t too much, since a lot of the time, most of the price is based on the brand and the features, which in reality aren’t even that useful.
However, this doesn’t mean that you should always go for the cheapest option. Most of the time, if a product seems very cheap while having a lot of useful features, it won’t last a very long time and the performance can get worse very quickly.
Just make sure that you aren’t paying too much; you can find out if you’re paying too much by comparing other products of similar quality most of the time.
A good way to tell if the product you’re buying is worth it or not is by checking the customer reviews. Most people check the 5-star reviews and think that the product is good, but you should instead check the negative reviews associated with it. Negative reviews can often tell about the nuisances with the product or what problems they’ve faced, which is quite helpful.
Try to check the 1-3 star ratings more, as they tend to point out the most common problems with the product. You should check a few 5-star reviews to see if the product is worth it or not, too.
Finally, you should try to find products that have a warranty or guarantee of at least a few months. This can make sure that even if there are a few problems with the product, you can get it fixed or replaced without many issues.
It isn’t a must for the product, but it’s definitely convenient to have. It’s even better if you can have a money-back guarantee, too.
To clear any further questions about 1P Tents, you can check out the most frequently asked questions we get —
Should I get a product even if it seems expensive?
If you’re trying to buy 1P Tent, but there’s a more expensive and premium version, you shouldn’t get it instantly because it’s “better”. Although premium products generally have better quality and tend to last longer, you should make sure that the price isn’t too much.
But if it’s a reasonable price and you can afford it, you should go for the premium version. They generally last much longer and it’s easier to fix the issues if something happens.
Is it better to look for cheaper alternatives before buying a product?
When you’re looking to buy a product such as 1P Tent, but you find similar products with cheaper price points, you shouldn’t instantly buy that one. If the original product is from a trusted brand and it’s reliable, then you shouldn’t always get the cheaper alternative as it can be low-quality.
But if you see that both of the brands are trusted and one is cheaper, you can go for the cheaper one. You shouldn’t waste too much time trying to find cheaper alternatives, but you should first look for a few options.
Are guarantee and warranty the same thing?
No, the guarantee is when they’re willing to fix or replace the product entirely for free, and the warranty is when they’re willing to fix the product for damages of specific parts or components.
So Which 1P Tent Should You Choose?
Most of the time, there are just a lot of products and options to pick from, so choosing the right best 1P Tent can be quite difficult. We’ve covered the best ways to pick the product in this article, and we cover things like price, quality, features, and much more.
Generally, you should try to get a good enough warranty, if possible, with the product and, in the best case scenario, a money-back guarantee, and make sure the product isn’t overpriced by comparing the prices of competitors.
It shouldn’t be too low in quality, so the cheapest option isn’t always the best. You can check the 1-3 star rating reviews for any issues and the 5-star reviews if you want to check if it’s worth it or not.